The days just seem to fly by right now. My gal pal and I headed out for a few days of sewing, and I made some great headway on projects that had been hibernating in boxes for the past while.
First thing was to spread out over as many tables as possible, and then get busy.
JT2 was the first project on my list. I had put it away while the patterns were still being published, so I truly had no idea what mess I had going on.
For some reason I made 2 feathered star blocks and I just happened to need a big block for the top right corner. Done! I did prep 4 appliqued blocks and got several other ones finished. They didn't make it into the photo.
After putting all my blocks up on the wall, I decided to tackle the 12 1/2" goose in the pond block that was foundation paper pieced. 2+ hours later (and a lot of cursing), I had it finished. No, not the top, but that ONE block. After a few more blocks I moved on to another project. I spent some time the next day organizing and excluding the appliqued blocks, I have 12 or 13 more blocks to piece and I will have the top together. After that, I got busy with some secret sewing, so no pictures. I had all the parts ready to go and got that top completed.
M, on the other hand, got a lot more done than me. Her JT2 is scrappy reds and whites, and she has many more blocks finished.
While she worked on the JT2, she also started putting together this top.
She still has a few blocks left over to go into another quilt.............
And a few strips pre cut for a few more blocks. I see a few more green quilts in her future!
Hope you got in a few stitches on the weekend!