Four blocks per month, and we started in July. OK, four blocks are looking good. Please do not look at my blocks for reference. I am doing fusible machine applique and I did not "flip for fusible". ALL my blocks will be mirror image but there are no blocks that will make this look odd.
But since I had everything out, I thought I'd just keep marking the fusible web with more shapes from more blocks. I've also tried to make mine a bit different than the pattern by not looking at the color pictures. I'm striving for brightness from the appliqued pieces against the creamy backgrounds.
Four became eight and now there are four more. But don't get too excited about my progress. These blocks are simply prepped. Now comes the investment of time to get all the blanket stitching done around each shape. I started with green, and got quite a bit done.
This is the only block that is completely finished. OK, I still need to stitch the stems with dark brown. It's the closest one to finished.
Here is the group of them together. I am LOVING this quilt. I have chosen 25 different shirting prints for backgrounds and tried to stay away from the whiter ones. Patterns were blown up 100% and I cut the backgrounds 12 1/2". They may get trimmed down and stitched edge to edge or there might be some sashing around the blocks. That decision will be made once all 25 blocks are together.