Monday, March 12, 2018

String Steps Workshop

If you have baskets and boxes of scraps and strips, this is a perfect workshop for you.

STRING STEPS is made from all those left over pieces, fabric that you paid good money for, but now don't know what to do with.

March 20, 2018  10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Whidby Island, WA  Details at bottom of post.


I couldn't resist taking this picture when the cherry trees were in bloom last year.  This sample has been created using dark/light combos with all the lights being shirting prints.  I mixed the darks with everything from red to purple to cheddar to black.


It would be fantastic in any "low volume" mix along with brights from Kaffe/Brandon.  I can see it done with lots of fushia's, purples, reds.  That's the beauty of these pattern, it will reflect your own basket of scraps.


Your own fabric preferences will shine.  And the best part?  You don't have to cut exact measurements of your strips.  I will show you have to create the block using your strips and strings, and when your block is finished, it will be flat, straight and square.


Quilters on the Rock 
This is the host guild that is offering this fun workshop.  Here are the details:

March 20, 2018  10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A few spaces are still available.  No credit card available at the class, so cash or check please.  Price for non-member will be $35, checks payable to Quilters on the Rock.

Contact for the class. Linda Postenrieder,
Email   post82 at whidbey dot com   or
Call (415) 235 - 9413

If your scrap bag is full of color and you want to make a high impact piece, bring it on.  I love how this color version is developing.


It's a fun way to create a quilt from your scrap bag, and this quilt will be a reflection of many quilts that you have already made. 

If you are interested in having me teach this at your guild, or have a trunk show, please contact me.  I'm available for events and have openings this year and have started booking 2019.  I'd love to bring my show on the road and am available to work in the USA and CANADA

Keep stitching,
Sharon

5 comments:

julieQ said...

I wish I could come and do this one with you!

Mimi said...

Wish I lived closer. I am in the "use it up mode" right now and this would be a great class to get her done. Plus...I would get to meet you! I made string blocks a long time ago and said I wouldn't do it again, but there are some really pretty quilts out there now. I guess I am rethinking that decision.

Lori said...

Looks like a great class!!

Kyle said...

What an awesome class. It would be fun to be able to attend.

Karen said...

This sounds like an awesome workshop, Sharon! I just love your colorful quilts.