Monday, July 9, 2018

English Paper Piecing Millefiori Style

There is a group of quilters that gather once a month and I'm thrilled to stitch with them. We also retreat every three months for a few days and the pieces that come from these members are fantastic. Here is one by M.N. All photos can be enlarged, and her choices of fabric is pretty fun.
As the longarm quilter, my goal is to make the piecers work shine. Simple lines, 100wt thread in light turquoise, and a ruler. That's what was needed to help finish this piece. I'm really hoping she enters it in our NW Washington Fair. Enjoy the pictures.









EPP is so portable and easy to do. I purchase my papers from my LQS. I find what I want on Paper Pieces website and then have my LQS order them in. The price is the same, but the shop makes the mark up and I don't pay the shipping. It's a win/win all the way around.

Keep stitching,
Sharon

5 comments:

Karen said...

The quilt looks oh so complicated but I am thinking it probably isn't. I think the fussy cuts probably make it look that way. It is a beauty.

Mimi said...

Beautiful. The quilt is amazing and I am thinking the quilting, although simple straight lines, must have made you dizzy trying to remember where you've been, but it turned out just great.

Janet O. said...

That is such a striking quilt, and you knew just how to quilt it. Your approach to machine quilting echos what Karen McTavish taught in a class I took soon after I started to learn to machine quilt. Makes perfect sense to me!

Lori said...

The quilting is gorgeous, Sharon!

Pat said...

Stunning quilt - both in the piecing and your long arm quilting enhancement...