Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A little Green for St. Patricks Day

This beautiful quilt arrived at my studio a few weeks ago and after a few back and forth texts with the maker, we finalized this as the quilting motifs. 

Pattern is Steam Punk by Jen Kingwell, and it was both hand and machine pieced.  The fabric choices are so lovely in this and the white sashing really frames all the colors and makes for a fresh look.

This scrappy green and white top has been created using the "bonus" blocks from a previous project.  I get to do "whatever" on these and it gives me a chance to play.  I love how this one turned out.

 

Here is the back.  I've had several requests for this freehand all over motif since posting it on FB/IG  One of my customers has named it Kansas Winds.

 This hand pieced quilt is the Brimfield Star pattern.  Bright colors layered on navy grunge make for a vibrant quilt.

The grunge background really makes this interesting, vs using a solid navy.  The very narrow inset border frames all the "stars" and each one shines as an individual medallion.
A bit of ruler work and some curves was all the blocks needed, but the maker wanted feathers, lots of feathers flowing all around and filling the background.  I kept the stitching out of the narrow sash, and did a separate border feather; one that starts in the corners and meets at the sides.   This method allows for the border feathers to travel in all directions.
It's always such a thrill to see the plain cloth become transformed with thread. I am moving my studio 1.5 miles down the road, but that still requires me to put my hands on every...single...thing....in my studio. Oh good grief, I have so many little things to pack, move, and relocate in their new home. Have you moved your studio? Any tips? I shall report back in about a month........ Keep stitching, Sharon

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sew many beautiful and fun quilts for you to finish!

QuiltGranma said...

use a LARGE U haul van!

Lawrence Christiansen said...

Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 14 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let you all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Okiti and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1 484 393 5484