Wednesday, March 28, 2012

18 months later....

Block 25 of BTCT
 Can you hear me squeal with delight? No? that's because I'm still on the mend. I'm definitely on the upside of this cold, it just hit me out of no where, not even a sniffle or cough for a warning. I actually had this block finished last Friday and just didn't have the mojo to even post it! But here it is, the final block for my Beyond the Cherry Tree.  Slightly modified from the pattern, it's a little quirky.
The blocks need the cherry stems embroidered, and then I will square them all up and sew the center together. I've got my cherries all ready for the border, the strips of fabric are cut, and I've got yards of 1/4" bias ready to glue baste and stitch. The perfect hand work for the Stanley Cup playoffs. That's hockey for you non hockey peeps! Playoffs will run from mid April to mid June. Surely I should have 2 borders done in that time!

Here is my latest block in the JT2. I believe I will remake this block, making a slight modification to honor the Infinite Variety display. Stay tuned for that.
The push to finish a few more blocks in this project is that I have been asked to speak at my guild about the Red and White show, bring my blocks and my own small collection of red and white pieces and also share some of my hand quilting pieces.
I'm honored to be asked, excited to talk about the show and nervous all in one.
Thanks for following along my BTCT journey, I feel I'm about 1/2 way to finished.  It's only been 18 months, what's the hurry?
What have you finished lately?
Sharon

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love the vine fabric on the BTCT block. That is a fun block!
Beautiful feathered star.
Finish? What's that? : )

Sharon said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats on your BTCT blocks! I love this last one. I don't know what your modification is, but it sure looks great to me.

Your R&W feathered star is amazing! And that is so cool that your guild wants you to speak about the Infinite Variety display! Good for you! I'm sure you'll do a super talk!

Brenda said...

Congrats on the BTCT block. I wish I had found BTCT when it was all free. I have the JT2 blocks saved to make this summer. Still collecting red fabrics.