Monday, January 13, 2014

The Process of Cleaning

If only I put things back every time I finished with them, I wouldn't end up with the messes in my sewing room and the rest of my home.  Oh well, at 50+ years on this planet, I don't think it's going to change much in the years to come.

I'm trying to find my cutting table, it's buried.  But when I try to sort/tidy/put away, I just keep coming across things that need to be finished.  So here's my clean up story. I pulled out a bag of green scraps and started pressing and sorting and purging.

No point in putting them back in a box or a bag, so I started cutting and organizing for another mock Pineapple block quilt from Bonnie Hunter.  This is the perfect quilt for me, I love the finished look, all the choices of layout and the ability to use up lots of odd duck fabrics.
The center of this block is 3 1/2" square and is perfect to use as a "leader/ender" and I like to make this quilt in stacks of 10 blocks.


I've got two blocks finished, only 98 more to go!


OK so I didn't get very far in finding my table............stay tuned.

Sharon

9 comments:

Karen said...

I like the block and can see the possibilities with it. But I don't have enough scraps of one color to make a quilt. I would need to be pulling off the shelves and create an even bigger mess in the sewing room.

julieQ said...

I too love that pattern!! Very pretty greens...and hey, the cleaning and organizing will still be there...it never ends!!

Janet O. said...

Ditto what Karen said. : )
I really like this pattern of Bonnie's and every time I see someone making it I tell myself I need to do it, too. I like the two color idea--just always end up adding more colors whenever I think I will make a 2 color quilt.

Lori said...

It is so easy to get distracted in the sewing room!

Brandie said...

Aw, the cleaning and staying tidy. I think it's a loosing battle with creative types.
Those are going to be some nice green pinapples!

Kyle said...

Love how you got organized with your greens! Is that a silverware organizer you're using?

Mimi said...

LOL....that's ok...you just started another UFO. Hope you stick to it. Looks like it will be great.

Missie of Traditional Primitives (formerly Hallbrook Designs) said...

Haha! I can't find my table either! I just about had it clean and then did a show in Oklahoma last weekend...now I have to put it all away again! I like your blocks! Very pretty!

Missie of Traditional Primitives (formerly Hallbrook Designs) said...

Haha! I can't find my table either! I just about had it clean and then did a show in Oklahoma last weekend...now I have to put it all away again! I like your blocks! Very pretty!