Sunday, July 27, 2014

I'm Back

Even though I've been in La La Land the last while, I am still piecing and quilting. I'm continuing to work on samples for my Wedge Workshop, and along the way I've been encouraged to submit some of my pieces to magazines.

Because of that, I cannot share much with you and I'm having to continue to make new samples, with new designs and fabrics since I can't share what I've sent in.   I'm sure it's ok to show the backs, so here are two quilts that have been submitted as a pair.
They are from the same workshop, and very similar in design.  However, I quilted them totally different.

Trying to take a few different pictures, but an iPhone truly is not the best camera, especially in the sun when I can't see the screen.
This got an all over freehand feather, flower, spiral design.  I love how it turned out.  I used a soft variegated yellow thread and it was perfect for this, but this type of quilting sucks up the thread.  I have about 500 yards on this 38 x 48 quilt. 
Here is the second version, with completely different quilting.  I did feathers going up and down along with ruler work.  Both are nice, just a different way of quilting.


Second direction.  I pieced this back, three 1/2 yard cuts sewn together and I had a backing.  Plus I used up pieces that have been kicking around for quite some time.  I'm really trying to use up what is at hand.  The bonus of these smaller pieces is that I have been able to use up bags of those left over strips of batting. 
My quilt studio is open for business, so if you like my style of quilting and would like to me to help you turn some of your flimsy's into quilts,  please contact me via email or leave a comment and I will get back to you with details. You can see my pricing at my website, www.grassrootsquiltstudio.com

Wishing everyone a sunny Sunday, wherever you are!
Sharon

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

congrats, thats so exciting! of course I can't wait to see them in print!
Kathie

Janet O. said...

Your work is beautiful--it should be in a magazine!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--so far above my skill level