Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

My Christmas gifts came a bit early this year, and quite honestly, very unexpected.  My guy has taken 1 day off from work in 2014, has worked many 60+ hour weeks and many of his "days off" have been spent at his business.  He came home on a Sunday, told me he was looking at flights to Maui, then Monday he told me the condo had been booked, along with the tickets.  I asked when we were going and the reply was "We fly out Thursday at 7:00 a.m."

Holy hanna, that's not much time to prep some hand work for the flight in and out. I know, most people were asking how I was going to 'pre tan' but me, I'm thinking hand work.  A big bottle of 30 sunscreen is as good as a tanning bed!

We arrived in Kihei, Maui on Thursday afternoon.  We were booked into the condo complex that my sweetie grew up in.  Tough teen years, lighting the tiki torches for his part time job!!


The hedges are trimmed and continue to send out the most magnificent flowers!


Shooting right into the sunset gave me my favorite photo of the trip.  From our lanai.

 
When was the last time you saw a phone booth, let along a phone that worked?  I had to pick up the receiver to see if there really was a dial tone.  Yes, indeed.  I saw one close to most beaches.  Yeah for that, just in case you needed to call 911 with a surfer down.


Christmas pedicure was not on the list for the beach, but with last minute plans, no time to change to a beach color. Toes in the surf, amazing.  The best way to get soft feet, walk in the surf every day, twice a day.  Hmmm, I wonder if the doctor ordered it????????????


Fresh picked papaya from Pukulani Street.  We dropped in on parents of Tim's school buddy.  They are in their 90's and have been married for 67 years.  They picked these for us from their yard.  We ate them every morning.......


....along with fresh pineapple, Lily Koi, and apple banana's. How can you have a bad day when it starts like this



Tim got to spend some time with his school buddy.  Pure joy for me to see these two together.


Sunsets from the lanai, every night.



The original life ring from when Tim moved into this complex.  It resides at pool side.


Palms swaying in the afternoon trade winds. 


Last view of Maui as we flew back to reality. 

 
 

Christmas came a little early for me, but a surprise none the less. A trip of a lifetime and one that I will always treasure. Memories were made, old friends were reconnected and LIFE IS GOOD!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND BEST OF THE SEASON TO ALL.
Thank you for popping into my corner of blogland and commenting once in a while, it's appreciated.
I have learned so much from all of you who let me peek into your quilting lives and for that, I thank you.

Have an amazing 2015!
Sharon

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Well, I think your amazing 2015 has already started. What a wonderful trip for you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Mcm said...

Wonderful Sharon!

Browndirtcottage said...

hhhmmm….well……uh…..I don't think I remembered getting an invitation to fly off to Maui for Christmas!!
Ok…..I s-u-p-p-o-s-e he wanted you all to himself!! LOL!

You lucky duck you!!