Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Doll Swap from Humble Quilts

Lori over at Humble Quilts posted about a doll swap and I just couldn't resist.  I've done two of these and have been so thrilled with what I have received that I didn't want to miss out on this round. 

I'm so glad I participated.  My squishy arrived on Monday.


My partner nailed it. I absolutely love what I received. I showed it to my guy and he thought I made it. I told him it came in the mail and he was so confused. That's a good thing, it means my swap partner hit a home run when she designed this piece for me.

It's like Debra, from My Life is a Stitch, came to my sewing room, took a look around, snuck a few pieces of fabric from my scrap bag into her pocket and then went home and made this piece for me.  And she included some chocolate with peanut butter.  It doesn't get any better than this!

Thanks Lori for hosting this swap and for partnering me up with Debra

Lucky me,
Sharon

12 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It is a winner for sure! Lucky you.

Lori said...

I love everything about this! Very cheery!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

I'm so glad to hear that it arrived safely and that it matches your style!! I think we all worry about that when participating in swaps. :)
The buckeye shaped candies are an Ohio traditional treat, based on the inedible nut of our state tree, the Buckeye. Just another little something from Ohio that got to travel across the United States to you!

Mimi said...

Very cute and so glad it fits your style.

Louise said...

So much fun to view everyone's swap quilt..Every day,
Lori must have a smile on her face for creating all this happiness!
Love it.

Janet O. said...

You certainly got a winner, Sharon!!

Kyle said...

That is really charming with all those different fabrics and the red pinwheels. It's a happy quilt!

Barb said...

lucky you - what a cute quilt from Debra!

Karen said...

I enlarged the picture so I could see all those wonderful repro fabrics Debra used. The doll quilt does look like something you would have made yourself. Another successful trade for you.

Anonymous said...

It's so bright & cheerful and wonderfully scrappy to boot... gotta love that!!!

AnnieO said...

Wow, love all the cheddar among the scrappy goodness!

Danice G said...

Yes, very beautiful and colorful quilt :)