Saturday, January 20, 2018

Back in the Studio

Triplets.  My g.f. loves to make Bonnie Hunter's Blooming Pineapple block and then use the bonus 1/2 square triangles for baby quilts.  Orange and white..

Blues and whites........
Red and whites..........
Three in a row, all edge to edge quilted using a different motif on each one.  Ribbons for the orange, spirals for the blue version and bumped hearts for the red one.

Flannel making makes for cozy quilts.


For something totally different, here is my latest 'one block' applique, all quilted and bound.  Hand work in the evenings is so relaxing, especially after a day of machine quilting for others.  It's simple, it's colorful and I enjoy the process.

Keep stitching what you love.
Sharon

8 comments:

Mimi said...

What a great bonus (or bonuses in this case) to have extra blocks to make such adorable baby quilts. The quilting looks great. Also, I LOVE your single block. Makes me want to get back to applique. So pretty.

Nifty Quilts said...

I like the simplicity of these triangle quilts. Nice quilting too! Love your appliqué block.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love using leftovers in new projects. It makes me feel so thrifty. These quilts are beautiful to boot. Your applique is stunning. I like the idea of making one block quilts too. It is so much more fun and less tedious than multiple blocks.

Janet O. said...

Such fun quilts for triplets--different, but alike.
I am loving your applique block. Just beautiful--and where did you find the fabric for the vase? Thought, at first glance, that it was a typical red paisley. But those pansies--don't know if I have seen this one before!

Lori said...

Your applique block is gorgeous! That red feathering one is a wonderful print!
Love the 3 quilts- perfect for babies!!

Kyle said...

Cute bonus baby quilts. Hand work in the evenings is the perfect to wind down the day. Your block is great.

Pat said...

Those “leftovers” sure made 3 delicious quilts! Love your applique - the vase fabric is terrific!

liz said...

Enjoying your posts. Instagram has turned me into a 3 word commentator!