Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Progress

Just getting photos onto my blog page today can be called progress.  Some days technology can be a bit of a pain.  This year I've made a committed effort to move projects forward or get rid of them.  Opening boxes and bags has brought a few surprises, this being one of them.

Playing with a couple of FQ from an old Amy Butler collection resulted in a few star blocks being stitched up and abandoned, along with a few "coordinates".  I looked at the contents, pulled out the solids as they are timeless and prepared to donate the balance.
And then I started to play. 
Making random blocks and trying them all out gave promise that I could make something good out of these two FQ's and the remaining polka dots from quilts I made in 2006

Flying geese, a zig zag section, a wonky rectangle, I started to see promise.
My seam ripper was put to good use, as I stitched and unstitched sections of FG over and over and over.......
By adding in a bit of checker board, a few more strips of strips, and keeping track of measurements as I committed to sections, I could see some possibilities.


The final layout.  This is the third in a series of quilts I've been working on.  There are a few more "in process" but I'll wait to show them another time.

During the last few weeks, I've been moving my finished quilts to a new location.  I've had to clean out a closet and my quilt storage room.  Yes, things got real.  I completed 10 backs, and here are a few of them.  I am feeling like the Cobbler whose kids have no shoes, except I'm the quilter!

Life is good!
Keep stitching,
Sharon

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

You created something really fun from those random pieces. Nice work!
Kudos to you for your progress.

Louise said...

I love witnessing your accomplishments...Sharon, yours are always winners! Louise

Karen said...

It turned out sew cute! Such fun fabrics to work with, Sharon! You did a great job creating from your old UFOs! I love that big star block on the bottom left corner!

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your final result! Don't you just love working with orphan blocks? Best wishes finishing all those quilts! I have at least as many UFO's.

Mimi said...

You're having fun with these blocs is turning into something beautiful.

Lori said...

What a fun challenge to get those blocks into a top! You excelled!!
Forcing us to clean/purge/move is the best thing that can happen!! LOL
I'm booked for the NW quilters guild! Thanks for the plug.

audrey said...

Your quilt on the wall is really starting to come together! It's always interesting to pull random parts and pieces together and come up with a whole new idea. This one just looks fun. Congrats on sewing together 10 quilt backs! That's a considerable amount of effort right there.:)

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.