It's been a long road to this point, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This hexi project was started back in 2004, with the original design being one that required each template to be hand cut. I then discovered that I could buy the paper templates, but they were not available in the strange size I started with. The project got revamped to 3/4" hexi's. Translate that to mean "I started from scratch". This was the perfect project to take along for all my radiation treatments last summer and I re-engaged with this project. I had to set it aside while I dealt with some issues with my arm and wrist, but fast forward to today and I'm getting the rows joined. It's now in 3 sections and very close to being one piece. I've decided smaller and finished is better than abandoning this again. I'll have some border options next week.
Way to go Betsy, you are my hero!