Thursday, May 31, 2012

Abstract cont.

Traveling to Port Gamble involved taking a ferry and driving through places that felt like we had stepped into a Norman Rockwell picture. We booked into a room in Poulsbo, about 10 minutes outside of Pt. Gamble. It's a very cute town right on the water.
There were many photo ops, here is a decorated alley.

It led to a Mexican restaurant.

Here are a few more pics from the workshop.  I really liked how this one evolved, great lines and designs.
Gwen with her new BFF's.  There was a lot of a Medallion love going on, I think Gwen's new book came out at the best time!
Here I am with my first project and here is Muriel with her front and back.  We think they are both tops.

I loved how the borders evolved on this piece.

I wish we had a few more days with Gwen in this amazing setting.
There's always next time.........


Janet O. said...

Looks like great fun! Glad you had this opportunity.

Nicole said...

Your pictures make me want to go on a vacation and a quilting retreat!

Mimi said...

Is it a rumor, but I heard Gwen is going to travel only one more year and then retire? Makes me think I should go to another one of her retreats before that happens.

Sharon said...

Oh, it looks like you had such a blast! The medallions look great. I got Gwen's book, and looking through it makes me want to run to the fabric and start making a medallion!

I love the way your first piece came out! Very liberated, and yet cohesive. Very graphic too - like the best of the R & W show in NYC.
I think Muriel's pieces look super too.

Aren't those triangles fun? I'm ready to do a quilt with more of them!

KarenQuilt said...

Love the color in that photo you took of the alley!! Oh, what a great quilt that would make! And of your liberated quilting project!!