Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blast from the Past


I got an email a little while ago. I didn't recognize the senders' name but it was quilting related in the subject line; Medallion Madness. Funny, I had just pulled out four blocks of my own MM and put them together.
This was started in a class I taught back in 2005 or 2006.
The maker emailed me with a note about this quilt.
"By the time we separated the medallions, the quilt was
over king size... Second quilt I ever made... Told me a story of who I
am... Took me some years to bring it out and finish it but it's done... Do so
enjoy it... Not on bed yet as cat gets on it and claws sometimes... Have to
figure out how to move her to another spot... She's not good at making
changes... But in a bag and can see it when I walk by it... Makes me smile to
know it's done and pretty... You helped me pick out the colors..."
Judy needs to realize cats will find your quilts. As soon as you put them on the floor, couch, bed, the cat will appear out of nowhere. It's just how it is!
A few more words from Judy.
WAS GETTING PRETTY OVERWHELMING BY THE TIME I GOT IT PUT TOGETHER... IT'S BIGGER THEN KING SIZE, NOT RECOMMENDED FOR 1ST QUILTS... HEE HEE... BUT ONE THING AFTER THAT SIZE, EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS SMALLER... HEE HEE...

It's so great to hear from past students and have them share their work. Immediately I asked if she would send pics so I could post them. This is a great lesson to new quilters, don't give up. You will finish your projects, just maybe not in the order you started them! Oh, and cats look good on quilts!
My words to Judy, job well done!
Sharon

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is a pretty fancy (and large) first project.
Some of my earliest tops are still flimsies.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Judy did an awesome job on this quilt. Fussy kaleidoscope blocks are a big endeavor for a beginner - she should be very proud of her accomplishment!