Friday, April 18, 2014

Doll Swap Complete

I got my package in the mail and it is winging it's way across the USA this Good Friday. Yes, I made the deadline! Whew.

And I received my swap quilt this week as well. Did I score or what!?!  Photos don't do this piece justice.  It was made by Ramona of Doodlebugs and Rosebuds Quilts and her work is amazing.

THANK YOU Ramona

There is everything in this that I love.  First off, those color choices are fabulous.

Then there are the 1" blocks throughout this top that make my heart sing.  And points on stars, yup, I love 'em!

Same fabric in the sashing as the binding, which was beautifully applied.  This is a ribbon worthy quilt, people!  Oh, and it's flat, straight and square, just the way I like things!  :-)

If others are 1/2 as pleased as I am, then Lori's swap will be a roaring success.  I can't wait to see who gets what, and Lori will be doing a Linky Thingy on her Humble Quilts blog in a few weeks.  I've seen a few pieces and I've had a sneak peek at someone's.  This has been a lot of fun and I'd do it again! 
Thanks Lori, for all the organizing!  You're great!

Happy Easter Weekend everyone!
Sharon

10 comments:

Louise said...

Thank you for bringing your sweet little quilt along yesterday. Everything about it is perfect including the workmanship. This little piece is quality. It just feels so good. And I know how happy you are to receive it Sharon. Great job Ramona!

Barb said...

what a lovely swap quilt! Lucky you -
Can't wait for the linky party!

Mimi said...

Wow....I think you really made out. The fabric choices are perfect as is the piecing.

Mimi said...

Wow....I think you really made out. The fabric choices are perfect as is the piecing.

Lori said...

That is gorgeous! Makes me want to start a blue and brown quilt immediately!!

paulette said...

WOW!! Lucky YOU!

Janet O. said...

Yes, you scored big time! I LOVE blue and brown--and that blue is gorgeous. The whole quilt looks amazing! Congrats to you and Kudos to Ramona!

Kyle said...

Your doll quilt is beautiful and really looks perfectly made. You scored and I'm sure the person receiving your quilt will think the same thing.

Karen said...

I like those brighter blues. the border fabric is perfect with the blocks. I think Ramona chose her design and executed it well and you are a very luck recipient.

belarmina said...

felicidades es precioso!!!!!
a mi me dio miedo no llegar a tiempo y no me apunte,
disfruto de vuestros trabajos
saludos