Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Official Announcement

It's official. I've made a decision to make a living through quilting. I'll be doing longarm quilting, teaching and working towards lectures for guilds with a trunk show.


This was my plan back in 2005 when I purchased my longarm and I was in the process of developing a solid customer base. Then we moved, then my DH passed and it was heads down, earn a living, and keep my head above water. Then a year later I took the time to conquer breast cancer. I hit the magic number in a few weeks, May 14 is my 5 year cancer free date. I finish the drug therapy in August and life is good! I have a super supportive partner and I've never been happier. This decision has been so refreshing for me and for my quilting life.

So if you hear that I'm teaching in your neighborhood some time, I'd love to meet you. If you have a closet full of tops that need to be quilted, look at my work and my website, www.grassrootsquiltstudio.com and if I can help turn those tops into quilts, that would be fabulous. I do edge to edge and hand guided custom work.

I'm trying to blog from my tablet and its a bit funky, but I'm working through the issues. Feel free to contact me via my blog, or my website, I'd love to hear from you.

Sharon

11 comments:

Louise said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you Sharon. I know you have what it takes to be successful!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations Sharon!
Wishing you great success with your new Business!

Sharon J. Hughson said...

Good luck on your new adventure from another Sharon.

Diane said...

Good for you, and I wish you the very best of success!

Mimi said...

Life always works out the way it is supposed to. Good for you. I am so excited for you. You are on your way!

Janet O. said...

Congratulations to you, Sharon, on this new venture. I wish you great success! You do beautiful work!

Karen said...

You have had a full plate for a long time. I wish you much luck in your endeavor to make a full time living from doing what you love.

Lori said...

Congratulations Sharon!! It sounds like it has been a dream that has taken some time to come true. All good things are worth the wait!

Brandie said...

Congratulations on your new adventure!

Nancy said...

Good luck to you Sharon, I know all will go well because your quilting is so lovely.

Pam Banis said...

Wow, I knew you were amazing, but I was unaware of your personal life. You are an inspiration!