Sunday, June 8, 2014

Binding Kind of Day

This is the second of this quilt, the first one was donated to my gf who runs a hospital foundation and she raised $1000 on a raffle. I've finally got the second one quilted.
Saturday was a sew day with our guild and I decided to be lazy and not pack up my machine and all the gear required for machine piecing/cutting/pressing etc.
I took a bag of hand stitching. There were two bindings, one applique block and some hand quilting.
The result was a finished 60 x 60 binding, label included. Blocks are 12" and it's 5 x 5. All the quilting was done using circle templates and rulers. Now it just needs a sleeve, and I need a massage!
Today I took a leap of faith, and submitted a quilt (not this one) to a magazine. I will keep you all posted.

Sharon

9 comments:

Pamela Banis said...

Beautiful quilt!
Cannot wait to hear about your magazine entry!

Kyle said...

Your quilt looks stunning especially on your red adirondack chair. Finishing a binding gives me a sense of completion. Great job!

antique quilter said...

good luck! I am so excited for you
Kathie

Barb said...

wonderful finish - good luck with the magazine
fingers crossed for you

Nifty Quilts said...

Another gorgeous finish! Your quilts are definitely magazine-worthy. Glad you got the courage to submit. Fingers crossed!

Louise said...

Well young lady, you are so liberated! See you in a bit.

Janet O. said...

I hope your quilt gets accepted, Sharon!
The quilt in this post is really nice. I love the quilting of curves all over it. Nice juxtaposition against the angles of the stars.

Mimi said...

Love star quilts and love the quilting you did on yours, too.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com