Some days I just feel so unorganized and seem to wonder where the heck my day went. Case in point. Just an hour left before wrapping up for the day and I needed to make a back. It all started off really good. The top had a note pinned to it with measurements of what size I needed. Why I didn't make the back when I did that, who knows? Grabbed some yardage, cut it down the middle, added a strip inset. OK, back is made, simple enough.
Then I realized I used this cream star print on some liberated stars with homespun, so I dug out the bag to put the scraps together. First mistake was to tip the bag out on to the cutting table.
Then I started looking at what blocks I had already made from this bag of scraps. I've made 2 quilts from this stack of homespun fabric, but both have been given away and this bag of scraps is my last chance to have one for myself.
Once I realized I had big chunks of fabric in the bag, and the iron was hot from pressing the backing, well, I got to working on this.
There was a zip lock bag with parts and pieces already cut. I couldn't resist whipping up one of these cute little 4 1/2" star blocks.
Along the way I was separating the bits of red.
Pressed them and cut up that remaining cream star print into squares.
Too frugal to cut into those big chunks that I just ironed so I pieced the center square.
All neatly pressed and threads cleaned out from the seams.
And added this 12 1/2" block to my collage of stars.
No wonder I didn't get the vacuuming done!
Keep stitching ,