The state my sewing table has been in for the past few 6 months. Piles of 2" squares, all waiting to be stitched together with assorted creams/whites and made into blocks.
At first I thought that a 16 patch would be the right size.
but I didn't like that the block wasn't even. It needed to have blue in all the corners.
And then the 25 patch block morphed into this, a 49 patch block. Now we're talking!
This bottom block makes a statement!
So far I have enough sections for 13 blocks, only 43 more to go.
Oh, and then there's the forty eight 9 patches that I need to make..... yes, 48!
At least I moved away from the first idea, 1" finished squares. One 9 patch and I quickly realized how long I would be at this project.