Saturday, June 25, 2016

This, That, and Ft Mac

A little of this. Hexi's getting appliqued along a vine. Tiny, yup, but oh so cute.


A bit of that. Yes, that is my basket that I've been working from for months and months. It actually is holding the fabric for my Sacagawea Sampler from Minnik and Simpson. Seems to be in the same holding pattern. However, I've been using this basket as a resource for the above quilt.


Seems I had a bit of organizing to do. With a neat and tidy box to work from, I can now go forward and start the piecing on the next round of this Americana medallion styled piece.


And finally, a quilt for Fort McMurray, Alberta. The residents are slowly making their way back to town, some not finding anything left of their life after a devastating fire ripped through their town. Hopefully this quilt will make it into the hands of someone and allow them to be wrapped in some small comfort.


It's on my long arm right now. Thanks to all my guild buddies at Running With Scissors in Ferndale WA who contributed their time in making these blocks, and thanks to my quilting bff who left her bolt of poppy fabric at my house so I could 'donate' it on her behalf while she trekked and cruised through Europe. Hey, I'll take the help wherever I can get it for a project like this!

Keep stitching,
Sharon

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Looks like you have been a busy gal. I always love me some Americana and can't wait to see what's up next on your agenda. The leaf quilt is absolutely adorable, too. Someone is really going to love that one.

Deere Driver said...

Thanks for helping those folks up north. Just flew over the Arizona wildfires on Wednesday. Its amazing and terrifying.

Kyle said...

It feels good to get organized. Those tiny hexies are so sweet. It will be fun to see the whole border soon. The quilt for Ft. Mac will really be appreciated. Thanks for contributing your quilting skills.

Janet O. said...

Those hexies do look tiny--love them!
Nice Maple Leaf design for a donation quilt to Canada.

KaHolly said...

I am really enthralled with this quilt and know someone will be very blessed to receive it.

Unknown said...

nice craft work.. You got talent

Mcx Tips Free Trial