Sunday, November 12, 2017

'Tis the Season

All my customer Christmas quilts are done. Well, a trip to the post office on Tuesday and it will be official! So today I started this! The process, the smell, the memories, oh the calories!.


If you want this recipe, go to this past post of mine here.
You won't regret making a batch, (or 3) of these delicious melt in your mouth shortbread cookies.

The rain held out yesterday, giving everyone a chance to stay dry during our local Remembrance Day service here in Blaine, WA.

 And in closing, here is a photo my sister uploaded to her FB account yesterday.  My dad is on the right.  1952, on furlough in Montreal, PQ  He's turning 83 next week, and going strong. 

 Hope you enjoy your week, and get some stitching time in.  I'm packing hand work projects for a plane ride.  Going to visit Pearl Harbor and learn some more history about this country.

Keep stitching,
Sharon

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have doubled your recipe because these cookies are such at hit with my family. They have been a favorite of my oldest great-grandson (age 3 1/2) since he was a year old.

Mimi said...

Mmmmmm....shortbread. One of my favs.

Janet O. said...

Oh, I need to make shortbread now! Yum!
I enjoy going through my Dad's military photos. That is a great one of your Dad!
Would love to visit Pearl Harbor someday. Safe travels to you!

Pat said...

Pearl Harbor is definitely an emotional visit...and so much more. A wonderful image of your Dad - I have so many pictures of my own Dad who was career Navy and aboard ship during WW2. When you look at their young faces and try to imagine what life must have been like for them during those years - well...that is a whole set of emotions too. Shortbread cookies are one of my all time favorites!! Safe travels to you.

Browndirtcottage said...

Stop with the cookie baking already! lol