Friday, March 5, 2010

No Photo Friday

Wow, I can't even believe it is Friday as I feel like the week just went by without any accomplishments. I did manage a haircut and highlites one evening, a movie date with my gal pal Maizie, and a little bit of piecing.
First my movie review! Crazy Heart. Wow, emotionally exhausting and draining, not what I expected, but one of the best acting roles I've seen in years. Simply amazing and if Jeff Bridges doesn't win a gold statue Sunday night, well, then we need new Oscar judges!
I have pieced a bit. Making progress on my Log Cabin. I have all the blocks sewn into rows. The last 5 rows need to go together, then the two halves will make a whole. My pressing direction needs some improvement. I got mixed up and, well, I was unhappy with myself putting some rows together. Right now the 5 rows that are pieced have not been pressed. Tonight!
My Gathered Over Time (GOT Swap) is starting to come together. I have 5 rows sewn together.
Blue Pineapple Blossoms from Quiltville, Bonnie Hunter, is up on the design wall at work. I need 5 more blocks to finish the layout.
Oh, and I'm still stitching away on my hexagons. I decided I'm too close to getting it to the design wall, so I'm persevering.
Saturday is a trip to the theatre to see Chicago! I'll be doing my hexi's on the road trip to Seattle!
Sharon

1 comment:

Valentina said...

How can you say you haven't done much this week... I can't wait to see your quilts! And I am sooooo Happy you decided to continue your hexies... I think the end is in sight?
:)