Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm Ready to Bust

I am so excited about this news that I typed a whole post, and then deleted it. So this is the short version of the exciting news I just got this morning. Gwen Marston is coming to Bellingham, WA to teach next May.
I have looked at her week long workshops and have tried to justify flying across the country to quilt for a few days. That hasn't happened yet, and now she is coming to my neck of the woods. This is because of the hard work of Lee, the owner of this shop, Two Thimbles. Only one of the two classes has been announced, but who cares what they are, Gwen it going to be teaching it so you know it's going to be terrific. I have many of Gwen's books but my favorites are her collaborations with Joe Cunningham. These books are full of beautiful hand quilting patterns and so much information on marking and hand quilting and vintage quilt designs.
Yes, this is a happy day in the life of a small town quilter!
Sharon

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you got your name on the top of the list for the workshops!

Jan said...

Lucky, lucky!!

Carrie P. said...

that is awesome. I know you will have a fabulous time. I have one of her books and she is very talented.

Mimi said...

Good for you! I am taking her class next month and can hardly wait!!!

Sharon said...

Ooo, I may have to drive up your way and join you! I too have been dying to take a class with Gwen, but can't justify going cross-country to do so. Bellingham is close! Well, close enough anyway! Thanks for the heads up!

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, fantastic news!!!