Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action

Well, lights and action but no cameras. What is up with that? I had a house warming party, everyone and their dog has a digital camera or a cell phone, (same thing for many) and yet there is not one photo of my party!
The sun came out in the morning and warmed up the day, my father was here helping me prepare everything and by 2:30 the first of 45 guests had started to arrive and enjoy food and drink and friendship. The last guest left around 10 p.m. and we promptly went to bed. It's been non stop since first thing Friday morning. Thank goodness my dad came to help, I learned a lot about throwing a party and the organization of all the prep work. I also learned to plan for 10 - 15 less instead of more. There is food....oh my. We will eat well at work tomorrow and I will fill my freezer with lots of turkey soup.
It was wonderful to have my deck and yard full of friends and family and neighbors. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and enjoying the afternoon.

I will now return to my regular life, whew, the party is over!
Life is great!
Sharon

1 comment:

Ann Champion said...

Too bad you didn't get pics? With all there is to do when hosting a party..how could you possibly think to take pics too? ;)
It seems I always make too much food too..but you don't want to run short! :)