Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mail Call

I love when my mailbox holds more than bills! I got a surprise Valentines gift from my gal pal PaulaK. Look at the lovelies in this box! It's Paparazzi, by Red Rooster and it's fabulous. I checked my LQS today and Fabric Etc had 3 other prints from this group, so yes, they did come home with me!
I've got ideas running through my head already. Now to find the time.
I also ordered a new "workshop in a box", otherwise known as a tutorial dvd. I've seen Lisa's work, it's amazing, so I thought I'd add this to my box of quilting tools.

This will be put to good use as the next quilt I have in line is calling for feathers.

Today was my monthly Applique Society meeting, I got a few more leaves stitched down on block #21 of BTCT, I've prepped #22 as well. Then in the afternoon I taught a hand quilting class, I was thrilled to see the quality of the students stitches. I got my 4 block applique basted, so it's now in the hand quilting pile. Yikes, I need it to be winter again instead of spring.
I've got lots of bulbs poking their heads out of the ground, checking to see if its ok for them to come out and bloom!
Hope you all get some time to stitch this weekend.
Sharon

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I had to enlarge the photo of the feathers DVD and just stare. Amazing! I want to see how you incorporate her style into the next quilt in line. : )

antique quilter said...

sounds like you had the perfect day! of course I want to see that 4 block applique quilt!!!!
must have missed that.
Kathie