Saturday, February 25, 2012

This and That

I love quilting Irish Chain pieces.  Feathered wreaths and wavy cross hatch designs are perfect for this table topper. 
It will be used, washed, used, loved, and used again, so I wanted it pretty, but durable.  The pink thread was perfect for the wavy lines.
And just because I haven't posted at all much lately, my fingers have been busy with applique.
I'm still working on my 22nd block, but I had to put them all up to see what colors and what designs I needed to finish with.  There isn't enough hours in the day to do all I want to do.
Sharon

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a pretty little table topper--do you freehand your wreaths or use a template of some sort?
Gorgeous applique, Sharon. What an heirloom that will be!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

your applique blocks are so beautiful. It takes a long time to do all of that applique, but what a prize you have when it is all done.

Mimi said...

Your BTCT blocks look beautiful and I always love seeing the Irish chain. You are so right about there not being enough hours in a day!

Louise said...

Nice job on the Irish Chain, Karen and your BBTB blocks are fabulous....

Sharon said...

I love you quilting on the table topper! Your feather wreaths just really "do it" for me.

You BTCT blocks are looking fabulous! What a wonderful quilt that will be.

BTW, LOVE the sign on the wall by the blocks! ;)

Lori said...

The Irish Chain quilt is lovely and your quilting has really enhanced that!!
Woo-Hoo! On your BTCT blocks!! You can see the finish line!!