Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pillow Talk

Yes, that is singular, pillow.  I won't be making a second one to match this, although I do love the finished piece.  I got this pattern from Janet at Quiltsalott and her piece is looking amazing.  I wimped out with a pillow!
I'm backing it with my favorite Jo Morton fabric. It wasn't my first choice, that was a piece that I just cut into a few days ago for my BTCT vase, thinking, "oh, Lee will have more of this in her store". Yes, she did, she had a whole fat quarter. Good grief, I had plenty of other fabrics to use for the vase. Oh well, I do love this piece and I took the end of the bolt so I will have it for a while.
I have backed the pillow top with Hobbs wool and a very lightweight muslin and hand quilted around all the appliques.
Tracey F. was working on this at our JT2 meeting, she is finishing up the applique, what a fabulous sampler. I love all the fabrics and blocks in this and I know she'll really make it special with her longarm quilting. Sorry, I can't remember the pattern designer. Cheri Saffiote-Payne is the pattern designer, thank you Karen!
That's all I have to share right now,
Sharon

5 comments:

Betsy said...

WOw, this quilt is fabulous!!!

Karen said...

The designer on the sampler quilt is Cheri Saffiote-Payne. I have made some of the blocks for this same quilt.
Your applique block strikes my fancy. I love, love the color combo. The fabric you are going to use for finishing the pillow suits the block well.

Lori said...

I love your ONE block- sure is pretty!! The colors are fantastic!!

Nancy said...

Love your block especially the cheddar and red. I always enjoy reading your blog.

Brandie said...

Sharon, that is the most beautiful pillow ever! I mean it! Frickin fantastic!