Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bloomin' Tree

Happy Easter. 
It's that time of year when this tree "blooms" for all the neighbours. I'm so glad people still make an effort!
Show and Tell from our guild meeting on Tuesday.  Jan H., our resident applique expert, showed her "Never Enough Cherries" quilt.  Pieced, appliqued and quilted by her.  No doubt she has ribbons for this piece.

JT2 met Sat morning.  Big shout out to Tracy for demo'ing her hand piecing techniques.  I think we all learned something from you.  It motivated me to start my Grandmas Compass block last night. 

With our JT2 group, I decided to have a drawing for those who had the quarter section together at the meeting following the instructions on how to put each quarter together, but I hadn't expected the degree of difficulty and time that the blocks would be.  But there's always a keener in the group *wink*
Beautiful!
And a close second, look at this one being done in pink and brown. 
Spectacular!
Close up of her hand embroidery.
I'm still working away on my Sisters Choice, here are 10 of the last 20 blocks.
I've been making the sashing stars with Bonnie Hunter's leaders/enders system and it has been amazing.  I'm on the home stretch, my last piles of pieces are ready to go. I just need to find some time to do some piecing on my Red and White JT2. Then these babies will be ready to sash the 9 patches and my 81 blocks will be finished.
Speaking of time, good things come to those who wait.  Carol at Fabric Etc ordered this 12 wt Aurifil for me and we were wondering if they were still picking the cotton for the thread.  It arrived, it's the PERFECT color, and soon it shall become the cherry stems on my BTCT.  Once that part is done, I can trim down and piece the center. Again, time factors into this statement!
Speaking of time, my buzzer just went off, which means it's time for me to step away from the computer and get in front of the longarm.  I've got about 2 more hours and I'll be finished a king quilt for my customer.  Thank goodness the strong, young man showed up and mowed and edged my yard yesterday while I was out playing with my quilting buddies!

I can see blue sky for the second day in a row, dare we think spring has arrived in the Pacific NW?  I'm sure all the Easter egg hunters are glad to see sunshine.
Have a fabulous day!
Sharon

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a great Easter tree!
thanks for sharing the show and tell. My son is mowing now, and I'm heading up to sew -
glad you have a sunny day
cluck cluck

Jan said...

What a cheery post - the quilts, the egg tree. Happy Easter to you!

alice findlay said...

love that tree!
also love the pink and brown combination, great together

Janet said...

I'd love to have a tree that size and shape to hang eggs off but I think the kids around here would make off with them. The JT2's are looking fabulous and the pink and brown one is really appealing.

Janet O. said...

Love the "Happy Easter" tree.
I haven't seen any other JT2 in that pink/brown combo--and the stitchery is very nice.
Sisters Choice is one I'm itching to start, but I have so many UFOs ahead of it. Every time I see someone making one I feel the pull! : )

SewWhatsNew said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had to come and see yours. I love everything in yours. You are right we love the same quilts. If only there was more time to make them all.:-)Happy Spring.