Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Black, White, and a Colorful Backing

My sewing buddy has a unique way of making fabulous quilts. She's color blind, so working with white is usually her "go to" background. She also loves machine embroidery and she added some terrific touches to this quilt which shall remain in her home.

She had a Japanese print panel and after adding some black all around, she had a gorgeous backing


I met MF at a LQS where I used to live, we were taking a machine applique class together, and she phoned me a few weeks later to do our first and only shop hop.  Then I moved away.  She had battled a terrible cancer the year before I met her, and here we are, 10+ years later, going strong and making more quilts!


She is one of the most positive and upbeat people I know and I truly enjoy every minute I spend with her.  We are having a get together this Friday, and it's long overdue.


She leaves me in the summer now, as she and her DH have a place in the hot sunny Okanogan and they enjoy the relaxed retired life there during the summer.


The quotes on this quilt are things we could all relate to, I'm blessed to have her in my life and I'm grateful for our friendship!

Hope you get some stitches in today,
Sharon

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like an inspiring woman! And it looks like she does good work! : )

Aunt 'Reen said...

what a stunning quilt!
Your machine quilting is really lovely too!

Louise said...

Great quilt and back! Sounds like an inspiration..

Mimi said...

I just love quilty friends. Her quilt is great, too.