Friday, June 3, 2011

Mixed Bag of Projects

A while ago BumbleBeans (I think it was V) blogged about novelty fabrics and showed her cute ones.  These are my two favorites that live in my sewing room.
I really must make something from these and get some enjoyment from them!
Last week I took a picture of my design wall, I had a lot of things going on.  I have got my 30's reproduction BOM blocks sewn together, the ones I cut and organized while away in April.  I've got two other blocks that needed applique also finished. I'm eating this elephant one bite at a time.

I gave these a try.  They are very labor intensive and the only way I would work on a Pineapple piece would be to pre cut all the strips and organize them like a log cabin project.  I do love how they look though.
I'm still plugging away on my Sisters Choice, I've re-engaged on my Beyond the Cherry Tree applique BOM, prepping 4 more blocks this week.  I'm about 1/2 way through the hand quilting on my little folk flowers from Gwen's workshop. Lots going on and most is on the back burner as I have customer quilts that are my priority for the next few weeks.  I got my lawn mowed as soon as I got home tonight so at least I won't look out the window feeling that I need to be doing yard work instead of quilting.
Sew a bit this weekend, it'll make you feel good!
Sharon

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I feel good. I have been stitching on my Cherry Trees and hope to have another block to show soon. You do have quite a few things going, but that is what quilters are all about. Enjoy yourself, too.