Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pink Ribbons

As quilters, I'm sure everyone has worked on quilts that have been donated to a cause. Maybe it was Katrina, or Japan, or the Nashville floods or Basics in NYC. Whatever it is, there was something about the cause that moved you to join in. Last year I donated a quilt to Betsy's 3 Day, 60 Mile walk for the Susan G Koman. We raised $1200 with this quilt, so I will repeat it again this year.

I recently shared with Julie K and within 2 weeks, this showed up in my mailbox.
That prompted me to open up this drawer and get busy. I had two sew days over the weekend. Sunday I cut and sorted for an hour or two.
Monday I did some sewing, pressing and trimming while at my friends place. We did more visiting than sewing, it was a great day with her.
When I came home, I started to lay out the pattern that I've sketched. I need to see where I'm at with blocks. I also found a stack of left overs from last years piece, but I still have a ways to go.
THANK YOU, Julie K. Your generosity is appreciated, not just by me, but for all the people this quilt will help. I use the opportunity to spread the word about self exams and mammograms. They save lives!
Sew for a cause, it feels great!
Sharon

4 comments:

julieQ said...

You are such a sweetheart for doing this quilt!!! Big hugs, Sharon!!

Lori said...

My friend is walking 60 miles for the same cause. What a terrific qult this will be with so much meaning. I hope it raises lots of money!!

Sharon, I've been meaning to write and say I did notice you passed your two year mark. Woo-Hoo!!! That's awesome and I look forward to the 3rd year mark, 4th year mark and so on.....

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Did you know there is also a pink ribbon challenge through simplicty?
Fabulous! great effort! love it!
http://sew4home.com/tips-resources/interviews-inspiration/858-enter-the-simplicity-great-bandana-quilt-challenge

Nancy said...

Hi Sharon, I have some pink ribbon fabric you might be able to use in this quilt. If you would like it let me know where to send it.