Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time Flies

There's been no blogging, no quilting, no piecing and I still don't have my taxes done! What is going on here besides nothing, you ask? I'm trying to figure that out myself as I see it's been a full week since I last posted.
OK, I did drive 800 miles in 3 days on the weekend. Some how I also managed to gain 6 pounds in 5 days at the same time. hmmmmm
And I did "help" with a finish on a top. Here is Paula K's top that she has been working on for over a year. Yes, life gets in her quilting time too, just like the rest of us.
Fussy cut centers for the churn dash blocks, each one 12.5" square.

The fabrics for this were purchased several years ago in Sisters and Bend OR. The border striped print is not available for love nor money and her center kept growing. When I arrived Paula had the top completed except for the borders. After a few scratches on paper and a little bit of calculations, we came up with the corner blocks to fit the width of the border.

The top was not going to get a border trim as this is big enough for a full pillow tuck, but after we got the sides and bottom all finished, we had this one extra strip that was a partial print from the border fabric, it fit right across the top, so voila, a border on all four sides. Now my fun begins because I brought this home to quilt.
I also got a little spoiled this week, after all, it was Easter.
 Are these not the cutest chocolates you have seen?  They are called Ladybugs. OK, see note above, 6 lbs in 5 days......
Beautiful soaps made in Italy, and the box. Well, I'm one of those who think packaging can never be too nice and I'll save this box for years to come.
Perfume, just in time for spring.  I now have a new scent for the season.  It's soft, it's pretty and I love it.  I might not fit into my jeans, but I'll sure smell good!
Sew something today,
Sharon

3 comments:

julieQ said...

I think that the 6 pounds may not be real...I bet it all evens out in the long run. Lovely quilt for you to quilt, I think the borders are perfect.

Karen said...

Where there is a will, there is a way. Good border solution

Valentina said...

LOL
Oh, sounds like you had a fun week! The quilt is beautiful and I can't wait to see how you will quilt it!
xox
Valentina