Monday, July 5, 2010

Fresh Raspberries

a.k.a. The only thing that is growing and producing in my yard! It's been a tough spring for gardeners and being that it is my first year at this, I'm sure not getting the results I was hoping for. Oh well, I guess it's like fishing, you don't always come home with fish!

I still have high hopes for carrots and radishes. I've planted a second crop of lettuce. No, I didn't eat the first crop, the slugs did. I'm on my third box of slug away.
There must be about 100 buds ready to burst open on all my day lilies. So far I've seen one. I've been hoping for this mass eruption of blooms, I'm still waiting. Some sunshine might help the process!
Both of these plants are doing well and have been full of bloom, but I have no idea what they are. Any ideas?
And there has been a bit of quilting going on, here it the latest quilt on my machine. It's huge, 108 x 133. The blocks are 12" and they are set 6 across each row. I love the look of continuous curve when it is stitched with templates, and precise piecing makes this so much easier for me to quilt. It's very time consuming and labor intensive, but I think it's worth the results. I'm on the second row.....so this will be occupying all my spare time for the next few weeks.
I've got in a bit more hand applique, I'm excited to show the results, but I'm 5 circles away from officially finishing the top, so I'll wait another day to post that project.
Sharon

2 comments:

Karen said...

I want to come to your house and eat raspberries! I love them. I have been eating raspberry sherbert lately.

Terry said...

The top plant I've heard called circle flowers. I have the bottom one in my flowerbed but I have no idea what it's called! If you find out, let me know! LOL