Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life's Necessities

Well, not really "lifes" necessities, but I did need a few things to finish one of my quilts. I've showed it before, Sisters Choice blocks, and I've made the decision to set this on point. I know, the responses were about 50/50 for on point vs straight set. I do agree with those who said that I will loose the look of the block by putting this on point. However, I didn't make this because I loved this block, I made it  because I did a 9 patch swap and needed something that I could work them into. So now I need a variety of shirtings for the setting triangles......and it was the first day of shop hop......and we needed office supplies.......so...........

I picked up a few on our travels today. DebS was the driver, I was the co-pilot.  Some stores didn't have reproductions....so I picked up a few of these.

Have you seen Edyta Sitar's new book? Laundry Basket Quilts.  Wow, is all I can say.  I just had to start adding some of these neutral batiks into my sewing basket.  Immediately all of the above became this.


A big pile of laundry. Once I get them all pressed, I can get my quilt together.

And who could resist this? It's perfect for a medallion quilt.
Thanks to all the shops today, you know how to treat your customers. And a big shout out to all Fabettes, we finished our day on a high note in your shop, you are the best!

Off to bed, it's a work day tomorrow..........they all can't be like today!
Sharon



10 comments:

Carol said...

Aw, shucks....thanks, Sharon. Glad you and Deb had to run out for *office supplies* today =)

antique quilter said...

omg beautiful fabrics but that red and white for a medallion is just beautiful
LOVE IT! can't what to see what your going to make
Kathie

Karen said...

My husband does most of the laundry. So if I put my fabric in the washer, he handles it from there including folding it.
How fun to get to shop at several quilt stores in one day. I wouldn't last long and neither would my wallet.

Barb said...

great new fabrics. You can never ever too many neutrals and light prints.
Beautiful red and while toile'

Brandie said...

What a beautiful toile. You can never have too many of those either!

Janet O. said...

Well, if you can't find the repros you want, batiks are always a good second choice. : )
I hit a couple of shops yesterday looking for repros and came home with many more batiks than repros, but that was what the shops had an abundance of. And in one of the shops a bunch of batik fat quarters were on clearance for $1.25. Now I ask what would you do?

Lori said...

Looks like some awesome purchases!!

Pat said...

They are all keepers - stock up on those shirtings - they seem harder to find.

Beautiful red and white toile...

Nifty Quilts said...

Your light neutrals are yummy. I'm learning that I need to get a bunch of those into my stash. Smart girl, you are!

Browndirtcottage said...

OK....ya know I'm on a fabric buying rebellion...remember? I guess I can just enjoy you bloggy gals shopping trips! Looks like you got some goodies there! I'm real partial to the red toile...oh yey....I.LIKE.