Sunday, November 27, 2011

Counting and Sorting

This is what I do when I get over 1/2 way through a project. I start counting and sorting all the pieces. Then I start to break it down into sections. If I get 40 sashings done, then that's 10 blocks.....
If I make 40 sashings, I need how many corner blocks?.....
Then I start making piles and count.
So far I've got 51 blocks made.

I've decided on 9 x 9 blocks for this top, that will finish it out at 90 x 90 and that's perfect for my bed. So I need to make 40 more blocks. I've got the centers finished thanks to an online swap.
Now to make all the sashings with the star points.

I've sorted and counted and I'm good on all sections.

Now to find the time. I like making these sections using them as leaders and enders, makes this part of the project a little less tedious.
Oh, so maybe I have to start a new project!
Are you starting anything new this weekend?
Sharon

7 comments:

paulette said...

Gorgeous!! Good for you...more than half way finished!!!
P

Barb said...

Love your nine patch star blocks!
can't wait to see them set

Lori said...

That is an awesome block!! It's going to be a wonderful quilt.

I started a little table topper and finished the wool applique last night. I wanted to do a small project this Thanksgiving- now nothing new for awhile.

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your blocks and can't wait to see it all finished!

Jan said...

Great blocks! I know what you mean about not being able to resist doing some math after making some progress :)

Nicky said...

Love these blocks! Will need to give them a go!

Janet O. said...

I love Sisters Choice--plan to make one myself in the not too distant future. Love your scrappy blocks.
I have a large quilt to bind and am working on a Christmas quilt for the family room. I might squeeze in a table topper along the way.