Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Playing with Stripes

I've seen lots of these blocks around blogland so I thought I'd give it a try.  Using the Companion Angler ruler these blocks are a snap.  Here's the start of a BASICS quilt for next year.



I've got about 5 yards of this stripe, so I should have a nice variety of blocks.  I'm making them in 4 different sizes, 8 1/2", 6 1/2", 4 1/2" and 3 1/2 " so they will all play nicely when I get a bunch of them together.
If you've make a quilt like this, please direct me to it, I'd love to gleen some ideas from others.
Sharon

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Love the colors!!

Lori said...

What a fun quilt it will be!!

Belinda said...

Oh yes, I've seen some of these blocks around too!! Wild and crazy and I.LIKE.

Kathie said...

I have always wanted to buy these stripe fabrics just to make these blocks!
LOL
it looks great, keep showing us your progress!
kathie

Janet O. said...

Visually stunning blocks! I haven't seen any others like it, but then I don't get around much.

Sharon said...

Oh, this one will be a stunner! Love the way the stripe does - so graphic. And I like the variety of sizes too. You'll have fun playing with this one, and we'll have fun watching your progress.

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

love the colors and how they dance!! love it!!

Quiltsmiles said...

LOVE THAT COLOR COMBO! What fabric line is this? My granddaughter loves orange yet has a pink room and this woud help personalize that space for her. Yours' looks great so far. Jane