Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Playing with Stripes

I've seen lots of these blocks around blogland so I thought I'd give it a try.  Using the Companion Angler ruler these blocks are a snap.  Here's the start of a BASICS quilt for next year.



I've got about 5 yards of this stripe, so I should have a nice variety of blocks.  I'm making them in 4 different sizes, 8 1/2", 6 1/2", 4 1/2" and 3 1/2 " so they will all play nicely when I get a bunch of them together.
If you've make a quilt like this, please direct me to it, I'd love to gleen some ideas from others.
Sharon

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colors!!

Lori said...

What a fun quilt it will be!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh yes, I've seen some of these blocks around too!! Wild and crazy and I.LIKE.

antique quilter said...

I have always wanted to buy these stripe fabrics just to make these blocks!
LOL
it looks great, keep showing us your progress!
kathie

Janet O. said...

Visually stunning blocks! I haven't seen any others like it, but then I don't get around much.

Sharon said...

Oh, this one will be a stunner! Love the way the stripe does - so graphic. And I like the variety of sizes too. You'll have fun playing with this one, and we'll have fun watching your progress.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the colors and how they dance!! love it!!

Quiltsmiles said...

LOVE THAT COLOR COMBO! What fabric line is this? My granddaughter loves orange yet has a pink room and this woud help personalize that space for her. Yours' looks great so far. Jane