Friday, November 25, 2011

New Door Banner

I just couldn't resist. I have given my Santa door banner away to a friend this fall. She always liked it, and I've used it a few years so I was ok with passing it along. But I needed something for Christmas, and today is the day we start to decorate, right?
I've had this border fabric for years, it's an Alexander Henry from 2000. Those AH fabrics are SO hard for me to cut into. But I did it!
This is from Tonya's Word Play Quilts book. I love this method of making letters and words, start to finish, less than 90 minutes. Seriously. That included picking fabric and pressing it to start. Now to quilt it. simple ditch stitching will work, but something tells me it will be hand quilted.
Are you doing anything Christmasy this weekend?
Sharon

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Very nice door banner, Sharon. Isn't funny how we hang on to "special" fabrics and they don't see the light of day. Much better to use and enjoy them, but sometimes it is hard to do.
I am still hoping to get my Smokey Mountain Stars (Bonnie's pattern) in red and green plaids done for the holiday, but the rate things are going it may just be flimsy stage by Christmas. Oh well, there is always next year. : )

Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous!

Lori said...

I love it and is such a terrific message for the holidays.