Sunday, November 13, 2011

'Tis the Season

Well, it's not officially the season, but it's coming fast.  Finally, I have a current Christmas project finished in time to use in the same year!
This was fused and machine appliqued.  I did the blanket stitching after I had layered it so it got quilted at the same time. 
This started out as a 4 block quilt.  I'm glad I didn't get right on it at the time because I think this layout is more useful for me.
It's going in my entrance way, but for now it's hanging over the door to my studio.
It took longer to finish because I decided to hand quilt the background with perl cotton. 

And this baby is on my longarm, the binding is waiting by my sewing machine and I will have this on my bed by Thanksgiving!

What's on your Christmas list?
Sharon

8 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

You have been quite productive! I love both of your quilts The applique quilt has definitely thinking me of holidays. The red and white quilt is simply spectacular!

Joan said...

What a beautiful quilt on your longarm... love the colours :) and your quilt with the applique - its gorgeous.!

Janet O. said...

That is a beautifully festive little basket quilt. Perfect for decking the halls! And that was a lot of hand quilting on such a small project. Very pretty.
Nice red and white quilt, too.
My only Christmas project (so far) is a red and green plaid "Smokey Mountain Stars" quilt for our family room for the holidays--and I'm not even sure that will get finished.

Sharon said...

Oh, a beautiful runner! That will look perfect by your front door - you WILL be "decking your hall". LOL

The red and white quilt is perfect for the holidays. It's so scrappy and luscious.

I have yet to get most of the fabric, but my Christmas projects are always pillowcases for the family. I love picking out the fabric for each person. It somehow satisfies my Quilters ADD.

Karen said...

Perfect for the season. Every year I think I am going to buy a couple poinsettia plants and never do. The baskets of flowers that you made would be good on my dining room table.

Lori said...

That is a lovely pointsettia runner. The quilting is so nice.
The red and white is a real beauty too!! I should get started quilting mine so it may be ready to by next year's Thanksgiving! LOL

Pat said...

Wonderful red and white quilt, Sharon. How fun to have a holiday quilt on the bed...

Browndirtcottage said...

I L-O-V-E your little basket runner!!!!

OH! OH! My list includes a r/w pineapple quilt too!! Only I think I have my colors in reverse of yours!!
May be a while before I get to mine but I REALLY like seeing yours!!!!!!