Thursday, November 1, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year today since I became a US Citizen. 11-01-11 was a big day for me. One of the driving forces for switching my status from Permanent Resident to Citizen was to have the right to vote. I work here, pay taxes, own a home. I want to be part of the process. I was shocked when I heard how few women vote. I'm a big believer in the privilege of voting.
So I poured a glass of wine, pulled out my booklet for reference and made my choices. I hope each and everyone of you make your choice, it's an amazing thing, the right to vote!

Sharon

7 comments:

Mego said...

FABULOUS! The right to vote is the ONE way we can actually add our voice to the national debate! Our state is early voting so all the ballots are in and counted! Congratulations to YOU on your 'first'!!!

Lori said...

What a wonderful privilege! Congrats on 1 year of citizenship!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your citizenship anniversary!

Deere Driver said...

I think we naturalized citizens have a different appreciation of the rights of the United States.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy 1 year anniversary as a U.S. Citizen. :)
I'm happy to hear that you are voting this year!

I wish more women would use their right to vote. Our fore-mothers had to fight for this priviledge. I'm proud of this accomplishment!

Mimi said...

touche'

Janet O. said...

Congrats on your "anniversary"!
I have voted already. I had to "early vote" because I am a poll worker and they are expecting us to be so busy we may not be able to get a break to vote.
It is sad to me how many people choose not to exercise their right to vote--of course, that too, is their right. : )