Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Puzzle Completed

This took a lot of time, a lot more that I expected. Anyone who thinks the free piecing, modern, fit things in as you go is easy, IT'S NOT! But it is fun, challenging, and inspiring.


From purchasing this fabric to the piecing of this top, I always knew this was a quilt I was giving away. I'm confident this will brighten up someones room, keep them a little warmer this winter.

48 x 53 finished size. I used the Easy Angler ruler to cut the blocks, a great way to work with stripes. Now to get it quilted, bound and mailed to BASICS.

Sharon

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Stunning Sharon. Looks like a piece of modern art that should be on a gallery wall!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Oh, very pretty! This could be a match to my daughter's quilt in the sa,e colors! Some young lady will love this quilt! Very generous e of you to donate it( if I understood your post correctly!)

Karen said...

Your quilt reminds me of orange juice and pink lemonade. It does look like a puzzle. A wonderful use of striped fabric.

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow....this one has PUNCH!!! I.LIKE.

Yes, free piecing takes more time but is ohhhh soooo
worth it!!!

Louise said...

Hugs to you Sharon for sending this along to Basics! It will for sure keep someone warm and happy. You have a good heart my friend.

Nifty Quilts said...

You are right--not easy, but worth it! This quilt is beautiful, and will brighten someone's life tremendously.

Sharon said...

Oh, I love it! It looks like a happy fiesta! Someone will love this quilt. It's very generous of you to donate this. Good job, Sharon!

Yes, the making-it-up-as-you-go part is challenging, but also fun and very rewarding! It's hard to go back to doing someone else's patterns after you do this, isn't it?

Happy Halloween to you!

Mimi said...

That is one fun quilt. I love the colors. It may keep someone warm, but maybe keep them awake, too!!!

Lori said...

It is fantastic Sharon!!

Linda O said...

Wow, that turned out wonderfully! Nice job working all the pieces together.

Barb said...

I know its not easy - you did a great job! love the colors