Sunday, October 21, 2012

Co-Pilot Required

Well, if I can't have a co-pilot, I could use a GPS.  I've been working on this BASICS quilt for some time now and it's finally time to put the blocks together.  I'm trying to channel Vic or LeeAnn, trying to just have fun and be relaxed about the piecing process.
Liberated or free piecing is not my strong point.  I figured out I need to piece sections together, and I have these two together.
Now I have the rest of these that need to be married up into sections.
 I've got this stack of 1/2 square triangles to help with the puzzle.
 And a pile of weird scraps that I'm using for fillers.
I cut up every piece of this fabric but was smart enough to cut the binding before I cut all the block pieces. It's been a great process, this quilt has always been for BASICS and I've been using this as a bit of a practice.  I have no pattern, I made blocks until there was no fabric left and now I'm having fun putting the pieces of this puzzle together.  I'm glad I added in the burgundy and orange solid, the 1/2 sq's seem to tone down the striped blocks.
Hope you had time to sew this weekend.
Sharon

6 comments:

Mimi said...

What fun! I love it. The colors are great, too. Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see eit done.

Janet O. said...

What wonderful graphics this striped fabric creates! But I do not envy you the job of putting it all together. It is very stunning so far. Look forward to following the progress.

Lori said...

It is looking great Sharon!! I'm sure it will come together with only a little fuss:)

Nifty Quilts said...

Ooh, this is going to be really great!

Linda O said...

Wow, is that an awsome start! So very vibrant and happy!

libbyquilter said...

really enjoying the colors in this although they are not necessarily what i might normally work with. it really is like putting a puzzle together isn't it~!?
i am just getting the binding onto a small (runner sized)contemporary type piece that i'm making and it's been an 'out of my box' project for me. it's much smaller than yours and not nearly as gorgeous, but still was a bit of a puzzle for me to put together. not sure i even got it right but i did have fun and it's almost finished.

:-)
libbyQ