Monday, October 22, 2012

Off the Wagon

I've been doing quite well, staying out of the quilt shops, or holding my purse close to me while in stores. It's not that I don't want to stimulate the economy, it's just that every time I buy a new piece or a few new pieces of fabric, my head starts spinning with ideas and I tend to lose focus on current projects.
But I needed binding, really, I did.  It's what I went into the store for, it's the section I went right too.  I didn't waver..........and then Lee pulled out this bolt of fabric and waved it at me from across the store and I lost all control. 

Who wouldn't?  Seriously, could you have resisted this focus print? Really?  I couldn't and I bought 2 yards of it, and now my mind is spinning with ideas.

I went back to the museum in Bellingham Sunday and spent an hour soaking in the amazing quilts that are on display.  I sketched a couple of them and also spent quite some time admiring the hand quilting on some applique quilts.  There were some pieces in a LoneStar that were very similar to this focus fabric I just bought.

Sharon


14 comments:

Kimme said...

Sharon you forgot the most important bit! What is the name of this absolutely must have fabric? It's just gorgeous and well worth falling off the fabric wagon for :-)

Karen said...

The paisley has possibilities for sure. I am a sucker for a paisley and it is a red one. I don't blame you for the splurge purchase.

Barb said...

wow what a gorgeous fabric!! really luscious colors and movement

Me and My Stitches said...

I think you showed a lot of restraint - you could have bought the whole bolt!

Pat said...

You did very well Sharon! Showed tremendous strength & fortitude...probably will need a bit more though???minimum of 3???LOL
Don't you love when someone knows just what would catch your eye!! The fabric wagon is such a fun place to fall off of.

Louise said...

Okay so I am in good company..same thing happened to me on Friday! Had a bundle of the smaller prints and the bolt of focus fabric cried out to me as well. Pansies in any fabric usually go home with me, as well as birds, lilies of the valley and so on and sew on....have a great week.

Janet O. said...

It is beautiful. You know you'd be kicking yourself if you hadn't bought it, even if you are kicking yourself now because you did! : )

Lori said...

it really is beautiful!!

Mimi said...

Well, I would say that you were pretty good just buying 2 yards. I think 3-5 would have been more appropriate. It's VERY pretty. ;D

Linda O said...

Sharon, you are a bad influence!!! I have been avoiding looking at this line of fabrics because I knew I couldn't handle the temptation....placed my order today! LOL

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Too funny! This is the second post about this same fabric! The other gal was just as excited as you are about it!! Enjoy!

antique quilter said...

I had to buy this fabric too, isn't it wonderful and yes that green looks great too
waiting for my bundle to arrive!
can't wait to see what you make with it....
Kathie

Nifty Quilts said...

Gorgeous fabric! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Janet said...

Oh dear - I need to stay out of the quilt store! That fabric is fantastic!! I saw some of your quilts on Lori's blog - you do beautiful work. I'm sure you can make something lovely with you fabric purchase :0)