Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sew Day Showoff

I couldn't miss the opportunity to share what my fellow guild members are currently working on.
Tracey's Selvage wall hanging, LOVE the red.

Close up of the selvages.  Tracey said this went together fast, she used a muslin foundation and got busy.
This quilter is using hand me down fabrics, I'd like someone to hand me down brights like these!
Hallow'een is coming, but I don't know if Diane will be ready.  Maybe next year.  These Crabapple Hill patterns are a labor of love, this is the witchy boot!
Several ladies are working on this BOM put on by one of our LQS, 2 Thimbles.  This shop specializes in CW repros,
These are tiny blocks, and no, I did not slide down the vortex of this BOM.
See how tiny some of the pieces are?  Resist, resist, I repeated!
Tonya had this amazing Batik house going on, as well as several other projects. 
Tracey was also working on her Surrounded pattern, she rocked it with the red mixed into the brown and cream.  Kind of like the chocolate chips in amongst the cookie dough!

And yet ANOTHER project that Tracey got finished.  This center panel is so cute.  She took it home to machine quilt and gift out.

This Lonestar was started during a Judy Irish workshop. She came up and did a very exciting class and then gave an amazing trunk show presentation. Today this was going under the needle to get machine quilted.

I tried to get a better shot of Donna's Heart Blocks, but my camera ran out of juice.  Trust me that they are very cute and I can't wait to see how she sets them.


What a fantastic day with a room full of creative, energetic, positive women.  I wish I could have stayed until the end, but another group of friends came calling. Isn't it great when you have too many things to do with friends and not enough time? 
Life is great!
Sharon

6 comments:

Barb said...

thanks for sharing so many wonderful project!
I love the embroidery

Janet O. said...

So many wonderful projects! I'm seeing lots of selvage quilts on blogs lately, but nothing like that tree. Very unique!
How could you not slide down that CW Legacies vortex? : ) The shops around me never do BOM projects that I want to do. I think that one would have grabbed me!
The batik house is gorgeous!
Did I miss something? What were you working on?

Jan said...

Great projects. Love the tablerunner! Would so like to find the center fabric. Such a great idea - must look at my stash of border prints to see what would work.

Mimi said...

Wow...those are some talented ladies. Lucky you!!

Unknown said...

Great fun! Glad you could join us Sharon!

Linda O said...

What great projects! How did you resist those tiny BOM blocks? Soooo tempting.