Sunday, May 19, 2013

Storm at Sea

My friend MF and I took a work shop about four years ago.  She now has a finished quilt to show off, and me, well, I have parts and pieces tucked away in a box.  Here is M's fabulous Storm at Sea with medallions, it's 88 x 88 so that's a lot of piecing!

She used blue, yellow and white and then added a little touch of purple in the medallions.


I did a free hand swirly wave throughout all the piecing, then added a little ruler work in the focus blocks.
This block was all ruler work as well. 
My friend is gifting this quilt and I hope that the recipient treasures this.  I say this as mine still stays tucked away in a box.  I think this would be a good retreat type project, as you really need time to focus on all aspects of working this pattern.
Sharon



7 comments:

Mimi said...

I can't focus that well at a retreat. There is too much gabbing. Love the quilt and the quilting is beautiful!

Louise said...

Another great finish you created for MF and I have no doubt you will get yours out of the box and finished in jig time. Good job Sharon!

Louise said...

Another great finish you created for MF and I have no doubt you will get yours out of the box and finished in jig time. Good job Sharon!

Janet O. said...

I think the quilting is perfect for this--the swirls of the storm at sea with the medallions accented by the ruler work. Gorgeous!

Karen said...

Storm at Sea is not an easy design to piece. Well done.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a beautiful and challenging quilt! The quilting is equally beautiful.

Barb said...

Your SAS looks great! I love the quilting.
I made a mini one this year, but also want to make a large one - wonderful colors!