Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tennesse Waltz

Now that I'm unemployed, I am keeping myself busy at the longarm machine. MB sent me this last month and it was a joy to quilt. We went with a leaf motif in the center of the open centers and extended the quilting out into each point.

What a great pattern done up in batiks!



I used my oval templates for the curves in the patchwork.


The border got a trailing leaf motif around the outside of this quilt.


Here is her second quilt.  It is bright and busy and lots of piecing so an edge to edge pattern was the best choice for this one. 

I used a variegated thread................


...and the backing was this amazing flannel.


Fabulous! This is the joy of quilting for others, I get exposed to so many different fabrics and styles of piecing.
Sharon

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I love what you have done on Tennessee Waltz!
I can't believe the backing on the bright quilt is flannel! I've never seen any like it. It is so pretty with that design quilted on it, I'd be tempted to leave that side facing up! : )