It's time for a new start so I've started on my Sacagawia sampler by Minick and Simpson. I haven't seen this around blogland, so I thought I'd share my journey. I'm doing this with my friend Louise and joining us is another blogger, Sue from Simple Piece-ful
Louise and I started with the running red horses, and in no time, this block was done.
Since I'm showing horses, here is the update on Dad's horse. Digi has worked this week and the trainer called Dad on Saturday and said that this race did not phase her in the least, he has worked her several times and she just wants to run. If she stays healthy, her next race will be in mid July. There are a few more races that she qualifies for over the summer, but it will all be based on her health. We won't run her if she is not 100%. We don't believe in that.....ok, onto quilting news.
I needed something to work on while at Dads this week, so I prepped the wreath block. I've never done an applique of this design and it's always been a little intimidating to me. This, and the Princess Feather pattern, always seemed to be above my pay grade. My biggest concern was doing the applique and having the wreath fabric migrate in a circular motion and then not lay flat when I got to the end.
After the backbasting was done, I trimmed all around the outside and inside of the wreath.
Life is good!