Over the Labor day weekend I did get some sewing done. This project is quilted, bound, labeled and ready to deliver. I started this a few years ago, I pieced the back 3 times to use up every bit of fabric so it would be done and out of my studio.....and then yesterday I opened up a drawer and found a few more yards. Do you think fabric left in drawers behaves like rabbits? :-)
Here is a peek at my current project. It's been languishing in a box for several years, and once I got the above piece finished, I gave myself permission to open another UFO WIP bag. This was a 4 block quilt that I had started, but I've switched gears on the pattern. A few years ago I fused and cut out all the pieces and then packed up all the coordinating fabrics along with my idea notes and pattern and there it sat; staring down at me from the window sill in my sewing room. I got it all fused and spray basted togehter, ready to take with me to my Sat sewing day. I'm machine appliqueing and quilting at the same time with a blanket stitch and then I'll quilt the background with a big stitch using perl cotton.
At our weekend retreat I was able to put up my 14 completed blocks of BTCT. Still no prepping on the next few blocks, that's on my agenda for this week.
My hydrangea had 2 blooms on it this year and they were buried under all the leaves, so I cut them and brought them inside to enjoy.
It's a short work week and the weekend will be here in no time!