Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quiet Reflection

People older than me remember where they were when President Kennedy was shot. I remember the exact moment my phone ran that September Tuesday morning. I had been traveling with my guy and I'd flown home from  Florida the day before. As I was getting ready for work he  called and told me to turn on the TV.  After a few minutes on the phone with him,  I called my Mom and Dad and told them I loved them, and I told my Dad "our world has just changed forever". Then I hung up, cried and got ready for work.
Today is a day to reflect...
to remember.....
to pay tribute.....
to take a minute to realize how blessed we are.....
It's going to be a quiet day.
Sharon

3 comments:

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I too had flown home to NH the day before after seeing my son graduate from basic training in Texas and we flew right over NYC. It was a beautiful sight and I couldn't beleive what was happenning the next day. My son eventually ended up for a tour of duty in Afghanistan. How life changed.

Barb said...

sadly, I saw it all unfold live on TV that morning.
Have a peaceful day - lovely R,W&B quilt

Pat said...

So true - nothing has ever been the same since that day...for those of us who went through the days of Kennedy's death, I think that was the beginning of my own changing foundation...each tragedy that has unfolded after that has made us a different people.