Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lazy Days

I've decided I don't make a very good patient.  This has been a challenging week, health wise, and I finally took the day off work on Friday.  Not that my job is strenuous, I sit at a desk.  But it was decided that the best medicine was for me to take the day and do NOTHING.  I know, everyone is thinking, wow, I'd love a day to just do nothing.  Well, let me tell you, it's not very exciting.  My best friend was the remote, so I was glad to have a lot of tv taped.  I'm finally caught up on 24, I've realized AI holds no interest to me any more, and that I can't get enough Mary & Marshall from In Plain Sight. No piecing, no pinning, no hand quilting, no applique, this was my spot for the day.
Thanks again Janet, I have used my quilt from you all week long!
And since I couldn't do any quilting, I'm very glad I did some online shopping. The mailman brought me these this week.
Thank goodness for USPS!
While lounging on the couch, my mind was going a million miles an hour, thinking of all the projects I could be working on, both for myself and my customers. The remote won out over the rotary cutter, and I even managed a nap or two during the day. But I am getting concerned about an online swap I signed up for. I committed to making 6 sets of 7 blocks. This is what I have so far.
Yup, one block. I have the parts and pieces cut out for 6 more like this one. Which leads me to believe I need to move this project to the top of my list. Maybe next week.
Having a full day of remote control bonding is enough for me, I know Jack Bauer and Chloe are still alive on 24, and I'm feeling SO much better today. This is the first day in the last 8 days were I am feeling better rather than worse.
That's a good thing, but I'm not taking any chances so don't expect to see any new blocks for a few days here.
Sew for me this weekend,
Sharon

4 comments:

Valentina said...

I am thinking of You, Sharon!
get well soon and enjoy your break!
xox
Valentina

Karen said...

Looks like some good books to browse through. I have never seen the Minnesota book.

julieQ said...

Sorry you have been feeling bad...and hope you are on the mend! It is hard not to do anything when you are itching to be stiching. Very nice books...I love to read them for inspiration and ideas.

Daniëlle said...

Saw your name on the OFW list! I am a fellow gardener hihi! Hope you are feeling a bit better by now! Reading is fun when you don't have time, I think you know what I mean. But nevertheless, the books are yummy!! Have a nice day, perhaps till Wednesday, Daniëlle